I will expect more effort put into this and the file report/presentation. The tools you evaluate will need to be significant tools to aid in the SDLC. The evaluation needs to be through looking at all the areas asked in the attached paper.
You can use any tool you like that aids the software development process. You may review a tool that you are already using but then you need go more in depth into the benefits and drawback of the tool. (Give it a real evaluation and take a hard look at what it does well and doesn’t)
Below is a general list of tool areas you can choose something from:
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
Continuous Development Environments
Automated Software Testing Tools
Requirements Tracking and management tools
Purpose: To gain some experience with a specific software development or testing tool.
Assignment: Because developers are on the front line of software development, they tend to know what they need more than the project managers do. Thus, needs analysis and proposals might be required from the developers to let management know what they need and why.
The purpose of this project is to evaluate a tool and report on its usage and. Choose a software tool to assist with secure software development of your choice and write a technical report on your findings. This report should be in your own words. Write about your experience with the Web site or software. Tell the reader about the installation process. Was it easy to understand or hard to configure? Topics to report on include the following:
- What is the tool used for? Provide screen captures to illustrate.
- What security and quality issues does this tool address?
- What type of environment is the user in (Web, client, server, and so on)?
- What are the costs?
- What are the system requirements?
- Is it easy to use?
- Is there a trial version? What are the requirements to be able to use it?
- Are there tutorials or examples in the tool or on the Web? Did you do them?
- What language is it for? Does it matter?
- Does it integrate with other tools? Provide examples.
- What lifecycles can be it used in and what phases does it support? How would it be used in the environment?
- What are the issues/weaknesses of the tool?
- What areas of CISQ model does it support? Be specific.
Deliverable: – A typed report that includes the answers to the
questions above and any other
- A quad chart slide that describes the tool and summarizes the purpose of the tool and your group’s overall evaluation of its usefulness. You may provide one slide additional slide that includes any supporting information you feel is relevant. This means no more than 2 slides total should be turned in.
- A 1/2-page description of the contribution of each group member.
Choose wisely. I want to see a real tool that can have a considerable positive impact on software development, not just a routine scheduling application.
Due Date: 26th November 2019
Make sure you appropriately reference any other documents that you use and definitely provide references for any information you quote from another source!