To be filled out and submitted with assessment responses
- I declare that this task is all my own work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s).
- Iunderstand that if I If I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me.
- I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks.
Student ID number_________
- I hereby certify that this student has been assessed by me and that the assessment has been carried out according to the required assessment procedures.
|Assessment outcome S NS DNS Resubmission Y N|
Student result response
- My performance in this assessment task has been discussed and explained to me.
- I would like to appeal this assessment decision.
A copy of this page must be supplied to the office and kept in the student’s file with the evidence.
Assessment Task 5: Sustainability policy and procedures review project
You are required to report on outcomes of implementation of the sustainability policy and procedure by analysing data provided about the implementation of the policy and procedures.
- Access to textbooks/other learning materials
- Computer and Microsoft Office
- Access to the internet
- Sustainability policy and procedure (developed in Assessment Task 2)
- Survey Results
- Implementation Report Template
Your assessor will advise you of the due date of these submissions.
Email to assessor with the following attached:
- Sustainability implementation report
- Updated sustainability policy and procedures
For students’ performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, they must satisfactorily address all of the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed they will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence.
Students will be provided feedback on their performance by their Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed your assessor will explain why and provide you
Written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
Students have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if they feel they have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
Students are encouraged to consult with their assessor prior to attempting this task if they do not understand any part of this task or if they have any learning issues or needs that may hinder them when attempting any part of the assessment.
Assessment Task 5 Instructions
Carefully read the following:
Assume that the sustainability policy and procedure you developed has been implemented, as well as findings from regular sustainability inspections. Sustainability initiatives implemented include:
- Energy audit and all recommendations implemented including signage about energy use (e.g. switch off lights at night, turn down brightness, turn off taps)
- Recycling policy introduced and three more recycling bins
- Green purchasing policy developed (on staff intranet, email sent to staff to advise).
- Green transport policy developed and implemented (on staff intranet, email sent to staff to advise).
Assume also the following sustainability targets:
- Reduce electricity consumption by 20% within six
- Promote awareness of sustainability initiatives amongst all staff members
A staff survey has been undertaken (results provided separately), as well as an energy audit. The results of the energy audit are as follows:
- Replace halogen downlights with energy efficient downlights and transformers
- Connect to natural gas, converting to an energy source with one-third of the greenhouse gas emissions of electricity from coal
- Replace electric storage hot water heater with instant hot water
- Replace air conditioner with a more efficient inverter
Prior to energy audit:
- Annual energy bill: $2,415 a year
- Annual greenhouse emissions: 18 tonnes a year
Six months later:
- Annual energy bill: $1,800 a year
- Annual greenhouse emissions: 2 tonnes a year
One year later:
- Annual energy bill: $2,215 a year
- Annual greenhouse emissions: 14 tonnes a year
Note: Four new staff members employed may account for increase. Energy targets were not adjusted to account for the new staff.
Complete the following activities:
- Develop a sustainability implementation report
You are required to review the results of the staff survey and the energy statistics provided.
Based on your review, develop a short report that outlines:
- Analysis of staff survey results and achievements against targets
- Analysis of energy audit data and achievements against targets
- Recommendations for additional actions that need to be taken based on the data above.
- Summary of the success of the sustainability policy and procedures based on analysis.
- Updates to sustainability policy and procedures to account for recommended Use the Implementation Report Template to guide your work.
- Update your sustainability policy and procedures
Update this document to reflect the information you have gathered since you wrote it.
- Send an email to stakeholders (your assessor).
The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
The email text should briefly explain the purpose and contents of the report and summarise the key changes you have made to the policy and procedures, ensuring that you clearly explain why changes were made.
Attach the following to the email:
- Sustainability implementation report
- Revised policy and procedures
Assessment Task 5 Checklist
|Student’s name:||Completed successfully|
|Did the student:||Yes||No||Comments|
|Review implementation of policy and procedures?|
|Provide a report on the overall success of the policy?|
|In the report, identify additional actions required based on review of data?|
|Provide a review of the continuous improvement register and identify trends and remedial actions required?|
|Provide an updated policy and procedures based on identified actions and to ensure that identified improvements occur?|
|Clearly communicate outcomes of sustainability policy and procedures to stakeholders?|
|Task Outcome:||Satisfactory||Not Satisfactory|