In the first part of your report, you must review recent economic
trends in the hotel industry in Auckland, New Zealand. You will need to
show an understanding of the main features of these economic trends and
to demonstrate your understanding of the “principles of economic
analysis” in addressing the following instructions: (1000 words)
· Examine the main economic features and trends (research what will
be happening in the future in 2 years and past , what happening in the
past) in the Auckland, New Zealand hotel industry.
· Choose five different factors that could affect supply (all about
profit) and/or demand in this market and use appropriate diagrams to
explain their effect on this market.
· You should compose this part of discussion in an academic report format which includes:
table of content
references (10 academic journal article – APA 6th reference style)
In the second part of the report, you MUST participate in ONE local
tourism event and discuss how “event & festival tourism” has become
one of the main destination management strategies in NSW.
(https://www.visitnsw.com/events) Based on your observations, discuss
the promotion of both the local economy and the accommodation business
through local tourism events. (1000 words essay)Write an essay to
reflect how tourism events create economic multiplier effect in visitor
economy. As an accommodation provider, how you could leverage from the
visitor data and provide the right product differentiation to event
visitors according to the visitor profile obtained in the 2019 Lithgow
Halloween visitor survey report
· Examine the impact of tourism events & festivals to local economic growth (apply supply and demand concept as discussed).
· Incorporate the “multiplier effect” concept and examine the
impact of tourism events and festivals on local employment
· As a local accommodation provider, illustrate what types of
product differentiation you may provide during the event to promote your
· This part of the report should be treated as a separate section
from part one. You are only required to address the above three