Referencing Styles : Not Selected | Pages : 41
Scenario: A researcher interested in weight control wondered whether normal and overweight individuals differ in their reactions to the availability of food. Thus, normal and overweight participants were told to eat as many peanuts as they desired while working on a questionnaire. One manipulation was the proximity of the peanut dish (close to or far from the participant); the second manipulation was whether the peanuts were shelled or unshelled. After each participant filled out the questionnaire, the peanut dish was weighed to determine the amount of peanuts consumed.
1. Identify the design (for example, 2 × 2 factorial).
2. Conditions are the potential scenarios in the experiment made up of the various combinations of the independent and dependent variables. Describe the eight conditions from the above experiment.
3. Identify the manipulated variable(s).
design? If so, identify the participant variable(s).
5. Is this a repeated measures design? If so, identify the repeated variable(s).
6. Identify the dependent variable(s).