You will provide a 3,000 word reflective report of your learning during your Advanced Practice activity. This will clearly articulate and evaluate achievements related to goals identified in your personal learning contract and be supported by a portfolio of evidence.
Report Recommended structure
Clear identification of learning objectives set out at the start of the semester
Clear identification of evidence that is provided as appendix to this report against all learning objectives
Discuss the challenges faced in your advanced practice semester, both in achievement of your personal learning objectives and in the practical work set out for you either by your employer or in your individual element of your group project.
Read the web page by James Anderson:- https://mindfulbydesign.com/four-different-types-of-challenge-pits/. Identify where you are or, where you want to be, in terms of the Learner Agency Matrix. Ideally summarise where you want to be in terms of challenges, Habits of mind (https://www.habitsofmindinstitute.org/what-are-habits-of-mind/), engagement with mistakes, receipt of feedback and use of your time and energy when you are engaged with professional development activities.
Set out a professional development plan using your own structure of using one of the templates on Blackboard under the tab PDP material
Appendix A Evidence of Learning outcomes achieved
Appendix B – Quarterly reports
Module descriptor extract
What will I be expected to achieve?
Specific achievements will be defined within your individual learning contract. However, all students are expected to achieve the following :
Knowledge & Understanding:
* MLO1: Reflect upon, challenge and extend existing personal knowledge of your discipline.
* MLO2: Evidence an enhanced understanding of your discipline through the application of existing knowledge in unfamiliar learning environments and through the acquisition of new knowledge and perspectives derived from experience out-with your formal taught programme.
Intellectual/Professional skills & abilities:
* MLO3: Exercise self-direction of your own learning by identifying and managing tasks individually and as a member of a team which address your personal goals.
* MLO4: Demonstrate mastery of intellectual and professional skills appropriate to your discipline.
* MLO5: Critically analyse and communicate ideas in appropriate written and verbal forms.
* MLO6: Demonstrate self-awareness of personal development.
How will I be assessed?
Formative assessment: This will vary according to the mode of Advanced Practice
1. Reflective Account
You will provide a 3,000 word reflective account of your learning during your Advanced Practice activity. This will clearly articulate and evaluate achievements related to goals identified in your personal learning contract and be supported by a portfolio of evidence.
Guidance will be provided to enable you to understand what is expected in your portfolio of evidence and how your reflective account will be assessed.
You will deliver a 10 minute poster presentation to staff, including your academic mentor, and peers. The poster will focus on the core learning derived from your Advanced Practice, but should also detail the experiential learning journey.
Both components are pass fail. Both must be passed to pass the module.
Feedback: Your reflective account will be returned to you with annotated comments directly related to the assessment task. You will receive written and verbal feedback on your poster presentation.