In this assessment, you will propose an economic initiative that presents an opportunity for improved care quality.
Topic: Teen Clinic providing services for ages 13 to 19 in areas of Immunizations, Annual physicals, medication refills, Free STD and pregnancy testing with treatment and follow up, Sports Physicals and mental health/suicide evaluations. These service to be provided by Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants. Goal is to keep these patients from clogging up the pediatric emergency department to keep wait times down and patient satisfaction increased.
As an emerging health care leader, the senior management has requested that you independently research and explore one of the economic opportunities that may be available in your care setting. This may be offering a new service line, working to improve a service line already offered, retiring an outdated or unprofitable service line, or any other economic initiative that you believe will be of benefit to your care setting in the short and long term. You have been asked to submit your proposal in the form of a 2–4-page executive summary that includes your proposed economic initiative, supporting economic data, and an analysis of the proposal’s benefits for your department and for the care setting overall.
You have been asked to ensure that your report addresses the following.
Note: The bullet points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure your work is, at minimum, addressing each of the bullets below. You may also want to read the scoring guide and the Guiding Questions: Executive Brief: Proposal of New Economic Opportunity document, Attached: that relate to each grading criterion:
Please see attachment to make sure all questions are answered along with the below requirements
- Propose an economic initiative that presents an opportunity for your care setting at both the micro (departmental, neighborhood) and macro (organizational, community) levels that you believe will provide ethical and culturally equitable improvements to the quality of care.
- Analyze the supply and demand for your proposed economic initiative within contexts relevant to your care setting.
- Explain relevant economic and environmental data that support your proposal and analysis.
- Communicate your economic proposal in a logically structured and concise manner, writing content clearly with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Effectively support your proposal with relevant economic data and scholarly sources, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 2–4 double-spaced, typed pages. Your proposal should be succinct yet substantive.
- APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Resources: Cite 3–5 authoritative and scholarly resources. Be sure to include specific economic data and support as part of your cited resources. Must be current within the last 5 years.