Personality test review
Answer all of the questions below using the results of the test to guide your answers.
- Document your ratings for each of the five factors as identified in the personality test results. Include your score for each of the factors and how you rated on each factor, as well as your strongest personality trait as shown by your highest score.
- Reflecting on the results, identify what stood out for you in terms of what it tells you about yourself as a person?
- Thinking about the questions asked as part of the personality test and your learnings as part of this unit, identify five of your emotional strengths?
- Thinking about the questions asked as part of the personality test and your learning as part of this unit, identify five of your emotional weaknesses?
- Explain how you believe the emotional strengths you have identified above help your workplace performance and relationships.
- Discuss how you believe your emotional weaknesses hinder your workplace performance and relationships.
- Complete the following table about personal stressors at work.
Identify at least four sources of stress that are most likely to result in workplace stress for you, your stress response (emotional, physical, behavioural) and actions that you can take (or have taken) to manage stress.
|Personal stressor||What is your stress response||Actions to address|
- Review the following list of needs and choose at least three that most trigger your emotions when you don’t get these needs met. Consider this question in the context of the workplace.
- Be understood
- Be in control
- Be needed
- Be right
- New challenges
- Be loved/liked
- Be valued
- Be treated fairly
Now complete the table below.
Write down each need you have chosen and why this need is important to you at work.
Also give an outline of the emotions triggered in you when you don’t get these needs met and ways that you can control your emotions in the face of not having your needs met.
|Need and why this need is important to you at work||What is your emotional response when this need is not met?||Emotional control mechanism|
- What other criteria could you use other than those in the personality test to determine your own emotional strengths and weaknesses?