- What experience or observations can you relate to in Russell’s (2011) article and her framing of the Third Culture Kid? What ways does this idea present in the combination of cultures you may have observed at time of change? (200 words) Week 2 reading.
Russell, K.M. (2011). Growing up a third culture kid: A sociological self-exploration, Human Architecture: Journal of the Sociology of Self-Knowledge, 9(1), 29-42.
- What changes in your knowledge infrastructure (Taipale, 2012; Edwards, et al., 2013) have you experienced and what changes in your social, academic or professional experience led to this? (200 words). Week 3 reading.
Taipale, S. (2012). Mobility of cultures and knowledge management in contemporary Europe, European Review, 20(2),173-181. doi:10.1017/S1062798711000445
- Considering the previous two reflections, what stages of Cultural awareness (Quappe and Cantatore, 2005) have you experienced or observed in instances where you needed to demonstrate cultural self-awareness? What in your social, academic or professional life has required you or others to adjust your level of awareness? (200 words) Week 5 reading.
Quappe & Cantatore (2005) What is cultural awareness, anyway? How do I build it? Retrieved from http://www.culturosity.com/pdfs/What%20is%20Cultural%20Awareness.pdf.
- Discussing and referencing Brislin, Worthley and Macnab’s (2006)definitions of Cultural intelligence, how are your situations reflected on so far requiring and / or demonstrating cultural intelligence? What aspects of Cultural self-awareness and intelligence were required? Use the language from weeks 1-6 to discuss. (200 words) Week6 reading.
Brislin, R., Worthley, R, & Macnab, B (2006). Cultural intelligence: Understanding behaviors that serve people’s goals. Group & Organization Management, 31(1), 40-55. doi:10.1177/1059601105275262
- What example or stage of culture shock (Flanja, 2006) have you observed or experienced and how did you use your CSA and CI to navigate it? (200 words) Week 7 reading.
Flanja, D. (2009).Culture shock in intercultural communication. Studia Europaea, 54(4), 107-124.
Above are the questions and the readings for them, Please go through the requirements of the assignment. I have attached the sample for the week 1 question as well provided by the lecturer.