Word count – approximately 1500 words (report) excluding marketing and content plan
This assessment involves the planning, creation, promotion and analysis of a blog written on a topic of your choice. You will work on this submission in class throughout the term and submit ONE document by the deadline which must include the following: 1) A Marketing plan (following the template provided in class). This outlines who you believe the target audience is for your blog, what the typical trends are around your chosen topic and what makes your blog unique. (Covered 7/10/22)
You should also include A content calendar (following the template provided in class -you can adjust this to suit) (covered 14/10/22)
This will outline when you intend to post and promote your blog posts (10 marks in total for content calendar and marketing plan)*
2) Discussion of SEO and Keyword techniques, demonstrating understanding of SEO techniques, measurement of SEO success and practical application into your own blogs (such as internal/external links and alternatives) supported by relevant references and evidence (e.g. Keyword planner, Google trends) (15 marks) (to be covered 21/10/22)
3) Data Analysis and discussion in relation to your marketing plan and activities carried out Discussion of basic principles of Google Analytics and other analytical tools. Data analysis of your own blog from analytical tools used e.g. Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Social Media Analysis, illustrated by screengrabs of analytic findings, Facebook insights, Twitter analytics, Blogger stats etc and supported by relevant references) (20 marks) (to be covered 28/10/22)
4) Reflection (following Gibb’s Reflective Cycle) Reflective assessment of the challenges in writing the blog, activities undertaken to promote the blog, discussion on how your marketing plan has changed overtime. Any unexpected findings. (10 marks) (to be covered 4/11/22)
5) The Blog You should create a blog with a minimum of 4 unique published blog posts. Marks will be awarded in terms of original content, layout, use of templates, usability factors, readability, images, external links, SEO techniques applied and other innovative use of Blogger). Please note that you may choose to submit content other than blogs (for example Youtube videos, podcasts, social media channels). Please discuss this with the lecturer. We strongly recommend the use of BLOGGER as it is a free platform and due to its links with Google Analytics. (Start publishing your blog now (14/10/22) The link to the blog should be provided on the first page of your report. We will also ask you to submit this via a Google form on Moodle to allow us to assess the blog. (40 marks) **THE BLOG ITSELF DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR OVERALL WORD COUNT. EACH BLOG POST SHOULD BE APPROX 300 WORDS. **
6) Presentation of individual report: The report should include Title page, introduction, contents page, structure, logical flow, evidence of proof reading and editing, correct referencing. The link to the blog should be provided in the introduction. Screenshots of analytics, social media posts and so on should be provided in the main body of the report NOT the appendices. (5 marks)
Below you can find a template for completing the individual report. You can use this and then delete/add in parts as required. I’ve put templates for the content calendar and marketing plan as separate documents too.
MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
The Marketing Plan – which explains your motivation for the blog, who the target audience are and why, what makes your blog unique, who/what are the competitors to this blog
Please use this template as the basis for your marketing plan. You should expand upon each area and provide industry or academic evidence where possible. The completed marketing plan must be included in your final submission as per assessment guidelines.