According to your text, management accountants play an important role in sustainability accounting and reporting.
According to a future skills report by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), it is predicted that accountants of the future will need to communicate a more holistic view on corporation reporting, taking into account the issues of knowledge capital, big data and sustainability.
Discuss the opportunities and challenges for the accounting profession in this “new world of holistic corporate reporting”.
Starting points for your research:
- Your text: Chapters 1 and 17.
- Six-Capitals Reading.
- Readings in your additional readings folder.
- Required format: Essay (2500 words)
- Your work must comply with the University’s General Guide to Writing and Study Skills, General Guide to Referencing,and Assignment Layout and Appearance Guidelines. Useful links:
- This is a group-assignment. Each group needs to have 2 to 3 members in it. Please organise yourselves into groups.
- Please make sure that names and ID numbers of all group members are stated on the cover sheet of your submission.
As this is a group assignment, each member of your group is awarded the same mark. Working in groups has its pros and cons. I am sure that you will hold constructive group discussions. In case of any disagreements, you will be able to resolve them in a reasonable way. There will be times when you may have to agree to disagree with each other.
Invariably different group members bring different skills to a project; it is up to you to make the best of it. I believe one can learn a lot by discussing the issues with one’s colleagues. If you find your group members are “not pulling their weight” or there are problems with any member’s commitment, then please try to resolve those issues amongst yourselves. Open and honest communication always helps.
If you are unable to resolve these issues, you are most welcome to see me and we will try to sort out the problems together. Do this as soon as possible and certainly before the due date.