ITNET202A – Enterprise Security major assignment Semester 02, 2019
Title: Enterprise Security report
Due Date: Week 11 Friday 5 PM
Value: 40% of the final mark for the unit
Length: Minimum of 2500 words (Max of 3000 words) excluding a cover page, tables, and references.
Purpose of this assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to support the following unit Learning Outcomes (LO) for this unit:
1. Analyze and synthesize information security issues in modern organizations.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages, disadvantages, threats, and vulnerabilities
associated with various IT environments.
3. Demonstrate the concepts, principles, and techniques relating to the security of information.
4. Evaluate the importance of information to organizations and society in general.
5. Identify the ethical and legal issues associated with information security and analyze their
6. Use the Internet to locate information security services.
Assuming that you are the Security engineer. You are working on a project to implement the
cryptography and Key Management solutions for your organization (your choice) against a risk-based
approach, answer the following. Select any one of the industry standards of the cryptographic
Your report should address:
• The method of defining the criticality of data as you understand.
• Your knowledge of how the criticality of the Business processes or application / or information,
etc. are discovered.
• Your rationale of the selection criteria you adopted.
• How you arrived at the short-list of two (2) relevant solutions.
• Demonstrate your ability to furnish the relevant data to justify your rationale appropriately.
• Demonstrate your ability to write an implementation plan that is instrumental in seeking top
• Demonstrate your ability to write a report that is instrumental in seeking top management’s
• Demonstrate how you have tracked and managed a successful implementation.
Must show the unit code and title, assignment title, your name, and student number, due date and the
title of your topic.
Table of Contents:
Introduce the report, define its scope and state any assumptions. Use in-text references were
Main report content
The report should address the task outlined above.
A list of end-text references formatted, using APA 6th format. It is recommended that Endnote is used
to manage references. Your references should ideally comprise of books, journal articles, and
This report should be between 2000 and 2500 words (excluding references and diagrams) and labelled
as .docx and should be in a single file.
Your assignments must be word-processed, and the diagrams are developed using graphics software
(most word-processors provide this facility). The text must be no smaller than 12pt and font Times New
Where the assignment is submitted not more than one week late, the penalty shall, for each working
day that it is late, be 5% of the maximum assessment available for the assignment; or (b) where the
assignment is submitted more than one week late, a mark of zero shall be awarded.
Academic Misconduct (Including Plagiarism):
Academic misconduct of any form as unacceptable. Academic misconduct, which includes but is not
limited to, plagiarism; unauthorized collaboration; cheating in examinations; theft of other students
works; collusion; inadequate and incorrect referencing; will be dealt with in accordance with Academic
Misconduct (including Plagiarism) Policy.
|Formal language Professionally formatted/drawn diagrams Title,|
Cover page, Page number, etc… Keeping to the required format
|The method of defining the criticality of data as you understand.||5|
|Your knowledge of how the criticality of the Business processes or|
application / or information, etc. are discovered.
|Your rationale of the selection criteria you adopted.||5|
|How you arrived at the short-list of two (2) relevant solutions.||5|
|Demonstrate your ability to furnish the relevant data to justify your|
|Demonstrate your ability to write an implementation plan that is|
instrumental in seeking top management’s approval.
|Demonstrate your ability to write a report that is instrumental in|
seeking top management’s approval.
|Demonstrate how you have tracked and managed a successful|
|Report presentation and referencing||5|
|Total Worth [40%]|