|HEP: 1||MKT303A/MKG303 Assessment 2 2016112|
|Assessment 2 Brief|
|Program||Bachelor of Business|
|Subject name||International Marketing|
|Assessment title||Assessment 2 – Case Study|
|Group or individual
|Length||2000 words (+/- 10%)|
|a, b, d, e|
|Submission date||Week 8|
|Total marks||100 Marks|
|HEP: 2||MKT303A/MKG303 Assessment 2 2016112|
1. This assignment must be prepared and submitted as an individual, the work you submit
must be your own.
2. You should include a reference list for any textbooks, websites or other references you
use to support your recommendations.
3. The purpose of this assignment is for students to use a case study approach to compare
and contrast two different international markets for a brand and to recommend which
market has the greatest potential for immediate development.
4. The report should consider the external environment (economic, financial, legal, political
& cultural) and the student should discuss the similarities and differences for the brand
5. The company is Australian icon R.M. Williams, which is now owned 100% by
luxury goods company LVMH.
6. The two markets to compare are Europe and China
7. Students are advised to conduct secondary research and analysis of the company and
the markets to substantiate the recommendations.
8. A professional level of presentation is expected together with adherence to the word
|Marking Criteria||Marks possible|
|Understanding of the company, its history and its product portfolio||0 – 10 points|
|Comparative analysis: economic & financial environments||0 – 20 points|
|Comparative analysis: political & legal environments||0 – 20 points|
|Comparative analysis: cultural environments||0 – 20 points|
|Analysis and strategic recommendations regarding Europe and China||0 – 20 points|
|Document presentation including length & referencing||0 – 10 points|
|Total marks||/100 points|