eGO: Reinventing Wheels Video Case
1. eGO would like to increase its U.S. sales. Define the man-agement decision problem.
2. Define the marketing research problem corresponding to the management decision problem you identified.
3. What type of research design do you think the company adopted in conducting marketing research to determine consumer preferences for eGO vehicles?
4. Can eGO make use of a panel? If so, what type of a panel andfor what purpose?
5. How would you use the Internet to determine men’s preferences for electric vehicles?
6. What sources of syndicated data would be useful to eGO in projecting future demand for its vehicles?
7. Are focus groups or depth interviews better for determining the factors that underlie consumer preferences for eGO?
8. If a survey is to be conducted to determine consumer preferences for eGO, which survey method should be used and why?
9. Illustrate the use of nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales for measuring consumer preferences for eGO.
10. Illustrate the use of Likert, semantic differential, and Stapel scales for measuring consumer preferences for eGO.