Skip to content (Press Enter)
- How does the most recent 2008-09 recession differ from most other economic recessions since the Great Depression?
- What is a bank? How does a bank differ from most other financial-service providers?
- Which businesses are banking’s closest and toughest competitors? What services do they offer that compete directly with banks’ services?
- Why are banks special?
- What is a financial intermediary? What are its key characteristics? Is a bank
a type of financial intermediary?
- What are the reasons for regulating the functions of banks?
- What is the dual banking system?
- What is the principal role of the Comptroller of the Currency?
- What is the principal job performed by the FDIC?
- What key roles does the Federal Reserve System perform in the banking and financial system?
- What is the Glass-Steagall Act, and why was it important in banking history?
- What are the main ideas of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991?