According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. In this assignment, you will be researching a Fortune 500 company from an approved company list provided by your professor. Be sure to check the list before you begin.
Write a four to six (4–6) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of your company, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide an explanation to support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your company.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of the business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.