Review and analyse the financial statements of a nominated Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listed firm to:
- Prepare, record and upload a 10-15 minute narrated presentation, aimed at prospective investors, presenting your findings.
- Develop a summary report supporting your presentation.
Your presentation and report must demonstrate an executive level understanding of the accounting concepts and analysis techniques and include at least 3 references to the academic literature.
Further details and guidance is provided in the presentation and requirement sections of this assessment item.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to critique basic accounting and financial management ideas that underlie and limit the usefulness of accounting and finance information.
- be able to explain the nature of, and apply, the measurement of assets, equities, revenues, expenses and income.
- be able to critically evaluate and analyse some of the interpretative techniques used in accounting and financial management.
- be able to integrate skills in information technology, communication and the use ofquantitative techniques for management decision making.