Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting, and Management Accounting
Please write an essay (max 2000 words) on the following topic:
Obtain the most recent set of financial statements for a FTSE 350 constituent company listed on the
London Stock Exchange and analyse their financial performance for the last two financial years. Your
report should cover the following areas:
1. Financial performance
2. Corporate governance structures
3. Corporate social responsibility performance
Critically evaluate the above areas from an investor’s perspective in light of existing regulations and
empirical evidence. Your report must provide recommendations to eliminate any problems which you
may identify. Any recommendation you provide must be supported by evidence.
1. Write clearly and concisely.
2. Provide clear evidence of using academic literature in your coursework.
3. In order to get high marks you will have to demonstrate that you have undertaken fairly
wide-ranging research on the issues raised in the coursework.
4. Use other data and evidence to support your arguments.
5. Always focus in your writing on what is required in the essay.
1. You must submit your assignment to Turnitin on VITAL by midday 13 December 2019. Please
see the Assessment section of the VITAL website for ACFI 821. Only online submissions are
2. Turnitin is a plagiarism and collusion detection system. If you do not submit to Turnitin your
work will not be marked.
3. If you are not sure about plagiarism either look carefully into your student handbook or
consult your personal tutor or the module leader.
4. To submit via Turnitin, go to the assessment area for the module on VITAL and you will find a
link for the coursework. Click on View/Complete and then on the “submit” icon for the paper.
You are then prompted to submit a title for the paper. Use the “browse” button to locate the
file you want to submit, then click “submit”. You will then be asked to confirm that you want
to submit by clicking the “Yes, submit” button.
Dr. Sardar Ahmad