It is the perspective of this program that in order to succeed, leaders must hone their ability to think critically and holistically-reflecting on processes and on past successes and failures to form solutions that synthesize multiple sources of knowledge and span a range of contexts. To facilitate your practice of critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis, you will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of planned/analytical and emergent approaches to strategy. As you consider your organization or one that you are familiar with, provide an in-depth response to each of these strategic questions:
- What are differences between analytical/planned and emergent approaches?
- To what extent does either (or a mix of these) reflect your practical experience?
- Which benefits do you see in each approach for managing a firm and for legitimizing your actions and gaining support from different stakeholders?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length, not counting the reference page.
- Formatted according to Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Provide citations to give credit to sources of information. Include a reference page of your citations